Campers cheer on the Missions The Baseball Academy's SA Mission Game Night during 2010 Camp
June 24-28: ALL-STAR YOUTH BASEBALL CAMP I (MPLL)
TBA: ALL-STAR YOUTH BASEBALL CAMP II (AHLL)
TBA: ALL-STAR YOUTH BASEBALL CAMP III (TU)
The All-Star Baseball Camp will be a full-day, full-skill camp that touches on the fundamentals of pitching, catching, fielding, hitting, and baserunning. Aside from general fundamental instruction on the first two days of camp, each player will get position-specific instruction from a college-level coach at the position of the players choosing. This includes infield, pitching, catching, and outfield-specific drills used right here at Trinity University on a day-to-day basis. This approach provides the player the chance to learn a wide-range of skills, but also to hone those at the position he enjoys the most. Our goal is to mold fundamentally sound ballplayers, in all facets of the game.
COST: $195 per camper
HOURS: Mon-Thurs, 9 am-4pm Friday 9am-12pm
Lunch will not be provided, but water and a concessions stand will be available for campers.
Camper Ben Sanchez performs a drill during the 2010 All-Star Youth Camp with Camp Counselor Patrick Frasier of the Tigers
What are you going to learn at the camps?
Through a series of drills, campers will learn:
- Proper mechanics to field ground balls
- Footwork and approach to the ball
- Throwing the ball correctly across the diamond
- Proper footwork during double-plays, slow-rollers, backhands, etc.
- Learn both physical and mental skills
- Throwing, Blocking, Footwork, Receiving, etc.
- Game Management
- What it takes to be an effective catcher at any level!
- Improved throwing motion and delivery
- How to locate the baseball
- Throwing multiple pitches: what is right and wrong at your age?
- Fielding and Pick-Offs
- Tracking fly balls off the bat
- Throwing from the outfield: Hitting cut-offs, creating carry, throwing to bases with maximum accuracy
- Backing-up bases and being in position for overthrows
Why should you care what Tiger Baseball has to offer?
- 5x Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference Championships
- 7x SCAC West Titles
- 2002 All-Division NCAA, NAIA, and NJCAA ERA Title
- 2004 and 2008 Division III Strikeouts Leader
- 5-Time Conference ERA Title
- 6-Time Conference Strikeout Leader
- 3-Time Conference Pickoff Leader
- 11 Professional players since 2004
- 5 Cape Cod Baseball League Players-Best Collegiate Summer League
- 6 Conference Pitchers of the Year
Campers run off the field after the National Anthem as Tiger CF Dylan Early looks on